Job Responsibilities : Medical Coder II (Work from Home/Remote Jobs Hiring)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : Savista
Here at Savista, we enable our clients to navigate the biggest challenges in healthcare: quality clinical care with positive patient experiences and optimal financial results. We partner with healthcare organizations to problem solve and deliver revenue cycle improvement services that enable their success, support their patients, and nurture their communities, all while living our values of Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence (CARE).
Coders are responsible for review and submission of 64 encounters per day or 8 per hour related to evaluation & management, procedures, testing, monitoring and hospital services daily. Must be comfortable with discussing coding and guidelines with providers in a collaborative and professional manner.
– Ability to elaborate on findings and guidelines with providers on issues identified within daily work-flow.
– Review assigned CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 diagnosis codes for accuracy prior to submission.
– Understanding of hierarchy coding as well as column 1 and 2 positioning
– Ability to navigate electronic medical records as it relates to billing and coding.
– Understanding of clinical documentation as it relates to ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding.
– Must be able to map and link diagnosis for evaluation and management and procedures.
– Individual must be able to communicate clearly with precise with providers during querying process.
– Knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care and Commercial Insurance guidelines for coding E&M and procedures.
– Outstanding organization skills and time management required.
3 plus years of experience is required.
SAVISTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or any other federal, state or local protected class.