Job Responsibilities : Veterinary Hospital Receptionist
Salary : $24000 Per Year
Company : Petco
Location : 3535 Perkins Rd Ste 305, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
The purpose of this position inherently involves providing excellent customer care to our Petco full-service Vetco Total Care hospital clients. The Concierge represents the mission and values to all customers and is typically the first and last person a client encounters when entering our hospital. The Concierge is responsible like all team members for fostering cohesion and motivation within the practice.
All hospital partners are responsible for performing duties in a way that creates an environment in which:
- The patient’s needs always come first.
- Every team member understands that they have the power to do what it takes to create an exceptional customer and patient experience.
- Contentious issues are dealt with and resolved as they occur or as soon as is possible.
- exceptional teamwork and commitment to shared goals benefits the entire organization.
Essential Job Functions
List the essential duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. This section includes the primary accountabilities or duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Assume primary responsibility for answering the practice phone and routing calls appropriately.
- Maintain hospital appointment calendar including scheduling appointments from callers or visitors and reviewing on-line bookings.
- Greet all visitors to the practice; greet clients and patients by name as they arrive for appointments and notify technical staff when they arrive. Monitor wait times and make accommodation as necessary during peak/busy times or when medical staff is dealing with an emergency situation.
- Participate in the training of new staff members and general dissemination of knowledge as required.
- Ensure that the waiting area is consistently cleaned (including using special disinfectants in the case of the presence of suspected contagious disease) and well-stocked with appropriate materials.
- Confirm all appointments by client’s preferred communication method (phone email text) the prior day and make necessary adjustments.
- Possess basic understanding of practice logistical specifics in order to provide backup support to technical staff when rooms need to be loaded or patients need to be discharged and primary staff members are otherwise occupied.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Perform additional duties as assigned
Nature of Supervision
In all activities related to the care and handling of patients and clients the Hospital Concierge will take direct supervision from the Hospital Office Manager and Hospital Leader on Duty
Planning and Problem Solving
Like all team members the Concierge plays a crucial role in ensuring that day-to-day operation of the hospital is efficient and provides an optimal experience for our patients and clients. The Concierge has the primary responsibility of consistently ensuring that the hospital workflow is optimized which may require rescheduling appointments as well as maintaining an open line of communication with clients who are present in the practice and may need to wait longer than expected due to unforeseen circumstances (emergencies etc.). The Concierge must ensure that the scheduled appointment duration is situation-appropriate (i.e. consider number of pets sick/vs. well etc.).
This role is unique in the hospital in that the Concierge will often be the first or last person dealing with upset or even potentially unhappy clients. This role requires an individual who is compassionate yet adaptable and flexible and capable of not only doing what it takes to make the client’s and pet’s experience in our hospital optimal but also ensuring that the medical staff can focus on delivering excellent care. At times when these goals may seem to be at odds it is the job of the Concierge to formulate strategies that accomplish both.
This position will impact the organization by contributing to the growth of productive practice while focusing on a high-quality standard of care. From an overall hospital organizational standpoint this position is critical to ensuring that our client’s first and last impressions of our facility and staff are optimal.
This position has no immediate supervisory duties.
- High school diploma is a requirement.
- Must have at least 1 year’s previous experience working in veterinary practice or a customer-facing role in another organization.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be compassionate and sympathetic and be able to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor during emotional and stressful situations.
- Must have exceptional telephone and computer skills.
- Must be a team player willing to learn new techniques and treatments offer creative ideas and accept change.
- Preferred: Previous experience using a Practice Management System
Competencies: Completed by Total Rewards Department
Job duties are to be conducted in the Vetco Total Care full service veterinary hospital. This position may involve bending kneeling lifting (up to 30 pounds as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with clients and their pets.
This position will regularly communicate with clients veterinary specialists and companies that provide products and/or services that the practice utilizes.
Petco Animal Supplies Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability age protected veteran status or any other protected classification.