Job Responsibilities : High School English/Language Arts Teacher, 2022-2023 School Year
Salary : $37000 per year
Company : (part of Pearson)
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
California Connections Academy is a network of tuition-free public online schools for students in grades K–12. The network of schools is operated by the nonprofit California Online Public Schools and currently includes six schools serving students in 32 counties in California. California Connections Academy schools are accredited by the Schools Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Working from our Ripon or San Juan Capistrano offices or from your own home office certified teachers will “virtually” manage instructional programs. Through the use of the telephone Internet and various curriculum tools they will consult regularly with learning coaches and students to ensure that each child successfully completes their instructional program.
The High School English/Language Arts Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Complete all grading create progress reports and conduct parent conferences in a timely manner;
- Support the instructional program with asynchronous web conferencing sessions and synchronous instruction;
- Review curriculum and devise alternate approaches to presenting lessons to increase student understanding (working directly with students and parents);
- Communicate with parents students and other teachers on a regular basis to develop and update Personal Learning Plans and schedules score assessments provide feedback on student work suggest instructional approaches and strategies monitor completion of assignments and coach special projects;
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program that parents have a central point of contact and that tasks are distributed among the teachers;
- Develop a general knowledge of the entire program’s K-12 curriculum and a very detailed knowledge of the courses for which responsible;
- Support students and parents with alternate strategies and provide additional assistance with daily assignments and projects;
- Communicate regularly with parents students and curriculum specialists through use of computer and telephone;
- Keep student records and data up-to-date including cumulative files online student and family information attendance accounting and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Consult with other teachers and staff learning specialists to develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to students’ programs to increase student understanding;
- Work with other teachers to coordinate social activities and relevant field trips for students;
- Manage regional field trips and make efforts to integrate trips into the curriculum;
- Devise and implement virtual methods of creating and maintaining a “school community”;
- Participate in the organization and administration of the State Testing that may require overnight stays in the California area as directed;
- Participate in student recruiting sessions and other marketing efforts that require teacher representation. This may require overnight stays in the California area;
- Work with school counselors teachers and other support staff to ensure students and families are receiving appropriate communications students are making adequate progress and established goals are being met;
- Attend field trips and other community activities implemented for families;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highly qualified and certified to teach High School English/Language Arts in California (appropriate to grade level responsibilities)
- Single subject credential preferred
- A great benefits package (click here for details) and participation in STRS are provided to eligible employees
- Strong technology skills (especially with Microsoft OS and MS Office programs)
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Customer focused approach
- High degree of flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Team player track record
- Willingness to travel on occasion for marketing and state testing events (may require occasional overnight travel)
- Ability to work remotely if necessary
- Ability to work some occasional evening hours as needed to support some families
California Connections Academy strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness equity and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
This position ranges from $55470 to $73470 based on relevant education and experience.