Job Responsibilities : Pharmacy Customer Service Associate
Salary : $62000 Per Year
Company : (part of Walgreens Boots Alliance)
Location : 101 West Main Street, Sterling, CO 80751 US
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Registers sales on assigned cash register provides customers with courteous fair friendly and efficient checkout service.
- In accordance with state and federal regulations assists the pharmacist under direct supervision in the practice of pharmacy. Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer service best practices with all team members to deliver a distinctive and delightful customer experience including interpersonal habits (e.g. greeting eye contact courtesy etc.) and Walgreens service traits (e.g. offering help proactively identifying needs servicing until satisfied etc.).
- Provides customers with courteous friendly fast and efficient service.
- Recommends items for sale to customer and recommends trade-up and/or companion items.
- Registers customer purchases on assigned cash register collects cash and distributes change as requested; processes voids returns rain checks refunds and exchanges as needed. Takes customer to OTC aisle when possible to assist in locating products.
- Keeps counters and shelves clean and well merchandised takes inventory and maintains records. Checks in and prices merchandise as required or as directed by store manager or communicated by the shift leader.
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Manager Staff Pharmacist and Store Manager including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information ensuring information is entered correctly filling prescriptions by retrieving counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs verifying medicine is correct and checking for possible interactions. Assists pharmacists in scheduling and maintaining work flow.
- Reports immediately prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program. Reviews and complies with the Walgreen Co. Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Strictly adheres to the Walgreen Co. policy regarding Good Faith Dispensing during all applicable prescription dispensing activities.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist including those to physicians.
- Processes (corrects and resubmits) manual claims for third party program prescription services in a timely and efficient manner and performs other clerical duties as assigned by the Pharmacy Manager.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities such as ordering unpacking checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals. Maintains knowledge of Company asset protection techniques and files claims for warehouse overages (merchandise received but not billed) shortages (merchandise billed but not received) order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g. alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Constructs and maintains displays including promotional seasonal super structures and sale merchandise. Completes resets and revisions as directed.
- Assists with separation of food items (e.g. raw foods from pre-cooked) and product placement as specified by policies/procedures (e.g. raw and frozen meats on bottom shelves). For consumable items assists in stock rotation using the first in first out method and restock outs.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Provides customer service in the photo area including digital passport photo service poster print and creative machine suggestive sell of promotional photo products.
- Assumes web pick-up responsibilities (monitors orders in Picture Care Plus fills orders (pick items) delivers orders to customers as they arrive at store).
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring clean neat orderly store condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Training & Personal Development
- Earns and maintains PTCB certification through the designated PTCB training program and/or state required certification/registration.
- Attends training and completes PPLs requested by Manager or assigned by corporate and acquires continuing education credits. Maintains knowledge and skill in healthcare and pharmacy including latest news and developments.
- Must be fluent in reading writing and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Walgreens.
- Prefer good math skills so they can fill prescriptions accurately including counting measuring and weighing medications.
- Prefer good computer skills.
- Prefer the knowledge of store inventory control.
- Prefer PTCB certification.
The following information is applicable for San Francisco CA applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veterans.
To see the salary range for this position please click here: Pay Transparency Pharmacy Customer Service Associate . If you are applying on a job board or unable to click on the link please copy and paste this URL into your browser https://jobs.walgreens.com/en/paypcsa