Job Responsibilities : Pharmacy Technician (Remote), Amazon Pharmacy – Massachusetts (Work from Home Jobs)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : Amazon
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Remote), Amazon Pharmacy – Massachusetts
Job ID: 2265444 | PillPack, LLC
Looking to grow your career? Be a part of a growing team that’s simplifying pharmacy for those who need it most. Amazon Pharmacy is a full-service, non-retail pharmacy that delivers an effortless medication management experience through convenient packaging, modern technology, and personalized services.
We are seeking talented, bright and driven team members. Join our customer-obsessed team where you can enjoy competitive pay and exceptional benefits.
This is a work from home (WFH) position with a casual dress code.
Work From Home requirements:
1. Remote workers must provide a suitable work environment that allows them to perform all job requirements and devote full attention to the Amazon Pharmacy customer during work hours.
2. The workstation should be located in a separate area of the home (not in a high-traffic area) and should not be shared with anyone including other Amazon Pharmacy associates.
3. The designated work area should provide:
4. Ergonomically sound seating, lighting and writing or typing surfaces.
5. Monitor screens and materials with sensitive data (such as health records, customer personal information or financial data) are not visible to others
6. A computer/screen that is positioned to preclude casual viewing by others. Under no circumstances may any individual(s) outside of Amazon Pharmacy, including but not limited to, visitors, family members, roommates, and friends, be allowed to access or view Amazon Pharmacy proprietary information and systems, or any private information displayed on the computer, including but not limited to, Amazon Pharmacy policies, PHI, and customer information.
7. Adequate noise control to ensure clear telephone and video conference calls to colleagues and customers.
8. Adequate privacy provisions, including, where appropriate, locking doors and windows to ensure that family or house members do not have access to confidential Amazon Pharmacy materials.
9. Freedom from distractions and interruptions that might affect workplace performance and/or fail to carry out a work assignment in an efficient, responsible, and acceptable manner. Cell phone usage must not impede the ability to carry out work duties. Incidental personal use of systems is permissible only if the use: (a) does not consume more than a trivial amount of resources that could otherwise be used for business purposes, (b) does not interfere with workforce members’ productivity (c) does not preempt any business activity, and (d) does not otherwise violate other applicable policy.
10. Bluetooth is permitted for controlling remote peripheral devices for WFH use. Bluetooth devices for remote storage are prohibited (all remote storage, e.g., external hard drives, token based storage, microSD storage, or non-Amazon approved cloud storage of data is always prohibited).
11. No printed documents that contain Amazon Pharmacy information or customer information. Remote associates should not maintain paper records in their home office. In the event that you have created or obtained any records within the scope of your job, such records are Amazon Pharmacy property and are subject to retention and/or disposal requirements.
12. Remote workers are expected to provide their own office furniture
Key job responsibilities
● Enter patient and order information into the pharmacy system
● Provide quality customer service to patients, providers and local pharmacies
● Collect, organize, and evaluate of patient information
● Receive prescriptions sent electronically from doctors’ offices
● Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that the information is complete and accurate
● Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients
● Process new and refill prescriptions
● Accept customer and prescription information required to process new and refill prescriptions, including refill authorization from doctor offices where permitted by state law
● Communicate with patients, providers and pharmacies by telephone
● Transfers calls from providers to the pharmacist when necessary
● Perform other tasks assigned while working in a fast paced environment
● Process and submit insurance claims to all of our customers.
● Analyze and verify all dates of service, billed amounts, and client data for completeness and accuracy
● Research missing and incomplete information resulting in billing errors and denials.
● Address insurance, reimbursement, and payment issues as appropriate by communicating with insurance providers, patients, and pharmacists.
● Must physically reside in Massachusetts by date of hire
● High school or equivalent diploma
● Must be a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician (PTCB or NHA)
● Must meet work from home requirements (see above)
● National Pharmacy Technician Certification (PTCB or NHA) (some positions available require this certification before hire date)
● Experience recognizing and identifying patient medications
● Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member in a remote or work from home setting
● Strong organization skills and attention to detail
● 6+ months of experience working with computer and web based tools
● Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced work environment while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.