Job Responsibilities : product manager, Governance Risk and Compliance – (Seattle OR Remote)
Salary : $177500 per year
Company : Starbucks
Location : Remote US
: Dec 14 2022
Job Posting End Date
: Dec 19 2022
: US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center United States
At Starbucks our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person one cup and one neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve this mission with cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners customers stores roasters and global communities.
This position is part of the Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) team in Starbucks Technology (ST). GRC’s broad remit is to ensure Starbucks Technology successfully addresses its compliance requirements across many program areas (i.e. SOX PCI CCPA GDPR as well as any new legislation that should emerge) through understanding and driving programs to align risks and controls while clearly enabling an assessment of risks to be accepted meeting evolving compliance and internal controls requirements in a streamlined cost-effective manner. As a product manager you will partner closely with GRC ST and business stakeholders to develop manage and operate these GRC services.
To be successful the product manager needs to be skilled in managing complex and ambiguous initiatives while managing cross functional expectations – including but not limited to feature sets problem areas timelines and change requests. They need to have a passion for building the right controls and compliance capabilities for our business and our customers balanced with the analytical rigor to test measure and iterate to deliver continuous value.
Leadership – Setting goals for the work group developing organizational capability and modeling how we work together:
- Understands the cross-functional relationships supporting IT audit projects and audits for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) the Payment Card Industry (PCI) as well as emerging privacy legislation (e.g. California Consumer Privacy Act)
- Builds effective relationships with key stakeholders and cross functional teams including engineers and business partners
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude confidence in leadership and teamwork to achieve business results
- Develop training and reusable templates to help compliance scale across the enterprise
- Leads various GRC-led control automation efforts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the control performance validation and monitoring processes
Planning and Execution – Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group managing execution and measuring results:
- Operates and owns various GRC controls and compliance product/service offerings and actively applies concepts of continuous improvement to mature capabilities
- Establish Common Control Framework (CCF) practices with knowledge and ability to track common control requirements across numerous security and regulatory standards
- Creates user stories/requirements works with stakeholders to identify ROI/business value; leads prioritization of backlog; Creates and maintains user personas in support of the global GRC controls and compliance program
- Can define controls and compliance goals KPIs measurement plans to measure overall effectiveness of program with little oversight
- Able to manage tradeoffs on scope resources timeline on small sized feature sets
- Responsible for successful execution of small enhancements and new features against business goals
- Develops strategic and operational plans for the business unit managing execution and measuring results
- Develop controls and auditing plans to support compliance goals and standards
- Prepares communicates and educates stakeholder on changes in policies and practices within the organization
- Provides consulting and support to ensure use and maintenance of correct management tools and processes
- Develops budget recommendations for executing compliance initiatives and program
Business Requirements – Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Responsible for multiple compliance products. Knowledgeable in a specific product domain space within Starbucks and the overall industry
- Creates product update communications independently varying from release announcements to content for and decision making
- Establishes compliance baseline and defines maturity model for company within a subject area
- Act as a subject matter expert to senior leadership on a range of compliance regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Information Technology Business or relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and optimization tools to inform product planning and prioritization (4 years)
- Demonstrated ability to work with design and engineering to deliver customer facing features (4 years)
- 4+ years of industry experience in a technology environment with a record of successfully delivering complex products
- 4+ years of progressive industry experience in Information Risk Management IT Governance IT Compliance Data Privacy or Internal/External Technology Audit disciplines with at least two of those years in an IT or a software development setting.
- Ability to work within large organizations to collaborate and drive cross-functional efforts and build partnerships to secure the resources necessary to achieve goals
- Certifications such as CISA CISSP PCI ISA/QSA CISM CIPM or others focused on controls assurance information security data privacy or information risk management is a strong plus
- Detailed and results-oriented able to analyze data to justify product decisions and apply key learnings.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Consistently uses communications skills to influence outcomes within a known skill set
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making
- Hands on experience in developing roadmaps story outlines writing user stories refining product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements across teams in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
The pay range for this position may be narrower than that displayed depending on where the work is performed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color women LGBTQIA+ veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability please contact us at email@example.com.