Job Responsibilities : PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITION CONSULTANT
Salary : n
Company : The State of Florida
Location : Fort Myers, FL 33902 US
Requisition No: 790064
Agency: Agency for Health Care Administration
Working Title: 68030625 – PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITION CONSULTANT
Position Number: 68030625
Salary: $1673.07 to $2042.78 Bi-Weekly
Posting Closing Date: 12/26/2022
The Agency for Health Care Administration is Florida’s chief health policy and planning entity. The Agency is responsible for administering the Florida Medicaid program the licensure and regulation of nearly 50000 health care facilities and empowering consumers through health care transparency initiatives.
Under the direction of Agency Secretary Simone Marstiller the Agency is focused on advancing Governor DeSantis’ vision for Florida’s health care system to be the most cost-effective transparent and high-quality health care system in the nation. Current Agency initiatives include implementing Florida’s groundbreaking Canadian Prescription Drug Importation Program overhauling Florida’s healthcare technological ecosystem and increasing insight in the cost of health care services.
Emphasizing quality in all that we do to improve health outcomes always putting the individual first.
Supporting initiatives that promote transparency and empower consumers in making well informed healthcare decisions.
Leveraging Florida’s buying power in delivering high quality care at the lowest cost to taxpayers.
This position may require extensive travel including significant overnight travel.
Successful completion of a criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
The primary function of the Public Health Nutrition Consultant is to conduct inspections utilizing an established survey process. The survey process includes evaluation of health care facilities for state licensure and federal certification requirements for participation under Medicare/Medicaid. The incumbent will document findings and complete written reports of survey findings. The incumbent may be required to perform surveys as an individual team member or team leader.
As assigned by management this position is required to successfully complete the Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test within the first 12 months of employment as required by Sections 1819(g)(2)(c)(ii) of the Social Security Act as amended and Article IV(B) of the Agreement pursuant to Section 1864 of the Social Security Act.
The incumbent must be proficient with computer equipment and software programs such as Microsoft Word and Outlook as well as smart phone technology.
The incumbent must also be available to work before and after normal work hours including weekends and holidays.
Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
Working for the State of Florida is more than a paycheck. The State’s total compensation package for employees features a highly competitive set of employee benefits including:
- State Group Insurance Coverage Options including health life dental vision and other supplemental insurance options;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- State of Florida retirement options including employer contributions;
- Generous annual and sick leave benefits;
- 9 paid holidays a year and 1 Personal Holiday each year;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Tuition waiver for courses offered by Florida’s nationally ranked State University System ;
- Training and professional development opportunities;
- And more!
Contact: Rachel Summerall 239-335-1315
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the science and current practice of nutrition/ dietetics.
- Knowledge of health care facilities and operations.
- Skill in the use of computer equipment and software to enter retrieve and manipulate data required to perform work functions.
- Ability to coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to interpret rules regulations laws and guidelines relating to health care administration.
- Ability to evaluate data and make recommendations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prepare reports.
- Ability to lift a laptop/ tablet computer and work manuals with or without accommodation.
- Ability to travel as necessary with or without accommodations.
- Ability to work before and after normal work hours including weekends and holidays.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Must be licensed as a dietitian / nutritionist in accordance with Chapter 468 Florida Statutes.
- A minimum of two years professional experience in clinical/ public health nutrition.
LICENSURE CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Must be licensed as a dietitian / nutritionist in accordance with Chapter 468 Florida Statutes.
CONTACT: RACHEL SUMMERALL (239) 335-1315
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455 F.S. Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295 Florida Statutes candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7 Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.