Job Responsibilities : UX Designer 2, Search Browse Navigation Experience – REMOTE
Salary : n
Company : Nordstrom Inc
Location : Remote US
Click Here : Apply Now
As a UX Designer 2 at Nordstrom you’ll help shape digital experiences that seamlessly guide our customer through elegant end-to-end experiences. You’ll collaborate with writers researchers and other key stakeholders to design and test customer-focused solutions for desktop tablet and mobile devices while maintaining consistency of design patterns.
And who are we? The Nordstrom UX team is a human-centric organization that sits within Nordstrom’s Digital Organization. We use empathy data and adaptability to fall in love with the customer or employee problem. We connect people and amplify ideas. We seek simplicity in everything we create for partners and customers. We think big while keeping an eye on the nuanced and iterate as needed. Ultimately we work to achieve our digital vision: to make digital personal with experiences powered by connection convenience and choice.
The customer is our compass but not our only focus. We support efforts across JWN that improve our employee experiences and retail operations that give Nordstrom the ability to deliver on our brand promise.
A day in the life…
- Participate in the entire design process from discovery through implementation
- Use a broad set of human-centered methods: user interviews workshops usability testing design exercises and other methods to inform solutions and drive team alignment
- Investigate & leverage data to drive solutions
- Leverage our design language system and contribute new patterns as needed
- Create detailed designs flows & interactions for hand off to engineering
- Collaborate with UX designers UX researchers UX writers product managers engineers and develop positive relationships that help drive program results
- Working closely with engineering to develop measure & iterate on designs
- Participate in peer design reviews and UX team meetings to help strengthen our team skills
- Work closely with various business partner groups to understand needs & opportunities
You own this if you have…
- 3 – 4 years of industry experience in UX/UI design
- A strong portfolio of user-centered & data informed UX solutions that highlight your approach to problem-solving your design process and how you partner with others
- Ability to tell a simple story about complex scenarios to leaders & partners
- Strong visual design skills
- Strong organization attention to details and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Experience with UX design frameworks and design theming (design language systems)
- Fluency in core UX design tools for UI designs interactions flows and delivering assets to engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or commensurate experience preferred
- Experience working in retail preferred
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families including:
- Medical/Vision Dental Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply log into Workday click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
California: $99000-$172500 annually Colorado: $99000-$153500 annually Nevada: $99000-$153500 annually New York: $99000-$172500 annually Rhode Island: $99000-$153500 annually Washington: $99000-$172500 annually