Job Responsibilities : SD, Checkout Analytics
Salary : $69000 per year
Company : PayPal
Location : Remote US
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone regardless of background or economic standing has access to affordable convenient and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: This leader will oversee analytics for PayPal’s flagship product – Checkout. As the leader of a global team the Sr. Director Checkout Analytics will provide exceptional services recommendations and vital insights to PayPal’s Product and Technology organization which will drive the overall strategy and direction. Organizationally this executive will oversee a global team comprised of Data Scientists and Quantitative Analysts within the Consumer Analytics and Data Science organization which is part of the Global Analytics & Data Science team. This organization is designed to align to and support senior level executives across PayPal and is comprised of sub-teams around the globe. The Sr. Director Checkout Analytics will have the opportunity to shape the role and composition of this team in-line with the team’s mandate to deliver world-class service as the global analytics and data science function for all of PayPal.
The Sr. Director Checkout Analytics will focus on advancing his/her teams’ capabilities creating a “best-in-class” analytics framework integrating cutting-edge solutions and developing close partnerships with business stakeholders. In so doing s/he will ensure the Global Analytics & Data Science organization enables business growth through highly- relevant and advanced product performance insights and recommendations that inform sound decision-making and drive distinctive value to PayPal’s customers. This executive will develop an outcome-oriented strategy incorporating differentiated tactical solutions. Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Partner with business leaders to develop and drive actionable insights
- Collaborate with product finance and other domains in order to shape differentiated analytical services and solutions that benefit the business
- Serve as a bridge between product finance and other functional areas
- Develop strategy and tactical solutions for advanced analytics capabilities that ensure PayPal is making data-driven decisions
- Prioritize analytics and delivery initiatives and build a trusted business-oriented and highly- capable organization
- Attract retain and develop a world class analytics team across a global footprint
The ideal candidate will have strong executive presence with a proven track record in analytics and data science with an outstanding reputation for having been a driving force in delivering insights for competitive advantage. The successful candidate will have:
- Experience shaping business decision-making and impacting the business on a strategic-level through the delivery of best-in-class analysis
- Experience building and leading analytics teams in a high-touch consumer-oriented environment
- Experience across product business intelligence and other analytics domains
- Experience developing high-performing teams and building trusting relationships with business stakeholders
In terms of the performance and personal competencies required for the position we would highlight the following:
Strategic Capabilities: The successful candidate will optimize analytics to drive insights and strategic direction across product finance and related functions. S/he will demonstrate impressive intellectual horsepower and critical thinking skills which can be accretive to the existing senior team. The ideal candidate will apply pragmatism and sound judgement to business issues and be able to quickly integrate complex information a thorough understanding of customer segments and different points of view into solutions. S/he will exhibit a highly disciplined approach to developing and executing analytic initiatives that reflect broader business objectives and be able to incorporate key inputs from multiple stakeholder groups. Intellectual curiosity should exude from this person – S/he should be able to find stories in the data and ask the right questions.
Analytics Capabilities: The successful candidate will understand how to identify insights by combining information derived from analytics and business knowledge. S/he will leverage a holistic view of testing and data assets to deliver a compelling enterprise vision for how advanced analytics can contribute to optimizing customer experiences product performance and critical corporate KPIs. S/he will have a firm grasp of business fundamentals and will apply rigorous analytics to address complex business challenges.
Leading Teams & Relationship Building: This executive must be a dynamic self-aware and humble leader whose track record buys immediate credibility across a diverse business. S/he will also be an inclusive leader able to grow a team (internally and externally) inspire others and engage directly with the business. The ideal candidate will have exceptional influencing skills adept at driving organizational change through the appropriate mix of partnership collaboration and leadership. This person will have a record of building high trust relationships in an organization. S/he has a proven collaborative approach and openly shares information and is receptive to the ideas of others. Key criteria include:
- Excellent people and stakeholder management skills to include strong influencing skills and ability to navigate a global and matrixed organization
- Strong passion and commitment for attracting and developing talent
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with strong ability to drive towards action and impact
- Demonstrated ability to drive business value through research insights and measurement
- Ability to lead through ambiguity and change
- Strong affinity to the consumer tech and/or financial services category
- Mastery in analyzing product data (complex and multi-dimensional data sets)
- High-energy and self-driven orientation
At PayPal we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial physical and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment employee shares options health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient affordable and secure the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age color national origin citizenship status physical or mental disability race religion creed gender sex pregnancy sexual orientation gender identity and/or expression genetic information marital status status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law. In addition PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements based on expert guidance. Depending on location this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.