Job Responsibilities : Remote Sr. Proposal Writer (Work from Home)
Salary : Competitive Salary
Company : MultiPlan Inc.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Proposal Writer is responsible for administering all aspects of current and prospective high profile client, consultant, and broker proposal production portraying the Company in most favorable manner in writing responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs). This job is responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of proposal delivery, including researching, writing, interviewing, qualifying, editing and design.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and prepare strategic, substantive, and persuasive responses to unique or challenging proposal questions while operating within the specified deadlines. This may include participation in site visits and finalist presentations.
2. Maintain and update responses to standardized inquiries utilizing RFP database. Work with higher profile prospective and existing customers to develop proposal responses representing the Company in most favorable manner. Provide satisfaction to both internal and external customers and strive to continuously improve service delivery according to Service Excellence guidelines and principles.
3. Manage strong working relationships with Company designated Subject Matter Experts (SME) to transform technical information into customer-focused, value-oriented proposal language that describes proposed solutions along with service differentiators and client benefits. This includes ensuring that proposal input is accurate, persuasive, and timely.
4. Liaise with Legal Services to ensure that all proposal responses are in full regulatory and legal compliance. Serve in a clearinghouse capacity to ensure that all outgoing written information about the Company is accurate and consistent.
5. Build and develop relationships with consultant and broker community.
6. Serve as mentor and subject matter expert to less experienced proposal writing staff.
7. Manage a centralized content management application to house all company information in support of proposal responses, collateral development, website management, etc. Maintain library of proposals for internal and quick reference. Contribute revisions and new enhancements to the Company’s proposal database.
8. Represent RFP Unit throughout company in order to build departmental visibility as a key contributor to meeting revenue and enrollment targets. This includes identification of RFP objectives and requirements as well as completion and/or coordination of data requests.
9. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
10. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
11. Demonstrate Company’s core Competencies and values within.
12. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The Sr. Proposal Writer works under general supervision, using knowledge of practices and procedures within the field to complete job responsibilities to work on all aspects of the proposal development process, from inception to final delivery. Work is generally varied (with some routine) and impactful to obtaining and retaining client business.
The incumbent handles higher profile clients, brokers, and consultants and addresses most issues while referring highly complex issues to the next level. Internal contacts include Account Management and Subject Matter Experts at all levels. External contacts include prospective and existing clients, consultants, brokers and reinsurers
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Marketing, or English; or 4 years experience within a managed care organization or health insurance company, preferably in a communications and/or marketing role
• Minimum 4 years experience in proposal writing and/or marketing, preferably within a managed care organization or health insurance company
• Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
• Knowledge of mapping software preferred
• Knowledge of appropriate and proper application of RFP language
• Communication (written, verbal, and listening), presentation, proposal writing, problem solving, planning, organization, customer service, analytical, time management, and organizational skills
• Ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines
• Ability to determine criteria for and accuracy of data reports
• Ability to develop plans, schedules, and milestones for deliverables
• Ability to format documents according to established guidelines
• Ability to mentor, coach, and lead others
• Ability to organize and write complex information with a client focus
• Ability to persuade and influence others
• Ability to present materials in a professional and persuasive manner
• Ability to prioritize primary and secondary work loads
• Ability to use software, hardware, and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office
• Ability to work with diverse technical, administrative, product, operational, and sales staff
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company will provide equal consideration to all employees and job candidates without regard to sex, age, race, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.