Job Responsibilities : Registered Nurse, Patient Navigator
Salary : $70000 Per Year
Company : Midwest Orthopedics At Rush Llc
Location : 1611 West Harrison Street, Chicago, IL 60612 US
It’s the people that make the difference. Are you ready to make your impact?
Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush is nationally recognized as a leader in comprehensive orthopedic services. The Orthopedic Program at Rush University Medical Center is ranked 5th in Orthopedics by U.S. News and World Report. Founded in 2003 MOR is comprised of internationally renowned Orthopedic and Spine surgeons who pioneer the latest advances in technology and surgical techniques to improve the lives and activity levels of patients around the world. MOR doctors are the official team physicians for the Chicago White Sox Chicago Bulls Chicago Fire Soccer Club and DePaul University Athletics.
Ready to join in? *We are looking to fill the position of Patient Nurse Navigator. This full-time position is best suited for a highly self-motivated energetic person that is interested in working with patients as part of an interdisciplinary team. This is a unique opportunity to work with surgeons nurses and case management all with patient well-being and satisfaction as a central focus. This position will be based of our clinic facility in Chicago IL and would report to our Director of Patient Access.
- Responsible for managing orthopedic patients involved in various value-based care initiatives throughout the duration of their episode of care.
- Communicate with providers and multi-disciplinary care team members to facilitate transition of services throughout the continuum of care.
- Gather clinical information from the EMR and telephonic health assessments to determine risk stratification. This includes a comprehensive assessment of physical emotional psychosocial and environmental needs of the patient.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members in the acute post-acute and outpatient settings to identify patient needs such as home health care DME physical therapy and community services.
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans to ensure that discharged patients receive appropriate resources and services.
- Complete and submit all required documentation within established guidelines
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient information per HIPAA and Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush guidelines.
- Site to site travel may be necessary to meet with clinical teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- RN with orthopedic and/or geriatric experience preferred
- 2-3 years case management discharge planning or outpatient care coordination
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
Certificates Licenses Registrations
Current Illinois State RN License preferred.
Our employees make the difference in our patients’ lives and we value their contributions. Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and an opportunity to grow and develop your career with an industry leader. Come see what we’re all about. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time