Job Responsibilities : Service Desk Agent II
Salary : n
Company : SAIC
Location : Temporarily remote CA
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
Job ID: 2218089
Location: AUGUSTA GA US
Date Posted: 2022-12-13
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is seeking a Help Desk Technician to support a large Federal Government client. This role offers temporary remote work however eventually the work will go back on site in Augusta GA.
The candidate must be flexible to work rotating-shifts in a 24x7x365 call center environment. Rotating-shiftwork is required with additional pay for 2nd and 3rd shift. Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK an 8 HR shift within the 1st/2nd/3rd shift options and the shift options vary.
- Resolve technical problems (Tier 1) and answers queries by telephone or self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer computer hardware software network system/application access and telecommunications systems.
- Support desktops laptops mobile devices printers scanners and other hardware.
- Applies basic enterprise diagnostic techniques to identify problems investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures.
- Diagnose identify isolate and analyze problems utilizing historical database records.
- Route calls to product line specialists application or system support specialists.
- Maintain and updates records and tracking databases.
- Escalates complex problems to higher level of expertise within organization.
- Documents all customer interactions within a ticketing system.
- Alert management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Provide exceptional customer support through various contact methods such as phone chat email.
- Respond to customer support requests in a fast efficient and friendly manner.
- Accurately and thoroughly document customer requests.
- Resolve customer incidents and requests if able or assign to higher tiers as required.
- Act as a single point of contact for existing incident and requests.
- Provide customers with a reference number for their incident/request.
- Identify process and procedures which need to be corrected or added to.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School and two (2) years of related experience with relevant certification; OR Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking/Engineering or related field and one year related experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Ability to obtain a CompTIA Security+ CE certification within 90 days of hire date.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance. Able to start once Interim Secret is granted.
- Experience with ServiceNow HEAT TrackIT Magic Remedy Peregrine or other Ticketing systems.
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and protocols.
- Customer Service orientated.
- Ability to work well with all teammates in a fast-paced SLA driven environment.
- Proven hardware/software troubleshooting experience.
- Able to solve technical issues via telephone email and chat.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent Interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of IT concepts/practices and experience with common service desk software.
- Proven ability to think and troubleshoot logically and act decisively in critical situations.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office and Windows OS in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with account administration and password resets in a Microsoft Active Directory Environment.
Target salary range: $25001 – $50000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense space civilian and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering digital artificial intelligence and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative effective and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are approximately 26000 strong; driven by mission united by purpose and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer fostering a culture of diversity equity and inclusion which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston Virginia SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information visit saic.com. For ongoing news please visit our newsroom.