Job Responsibilities : Social Media Manager, Firstfinds
Salary : $38.36 per hour
Company : Hearst Media Services
Location : Remote US
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world with more than 25 brands including Cosmopolitan ELLE Esquire Good Housekeeping Harper’s BAZAAR Popular Mechanics and Delish. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels — print digital video and social — with sophisticated content creation distribution and data capabilities. We create package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
About FirstFinds : Firstfinds lets you shop everywhere. We’re a curated commerce destination where pop culture obsessives meet rabid influencers to share scrutinize and shop products of the moment in the moment. From micro-trends and as-seen-on celebrity products to hacks and viral must-haves we found it first.
Your Impact : Firstfinds is looking for an ambitious and creative social media manager. Day-to-day you’ll create and execute the brand’s social strategy and grow brand awareness. You’ll be responsible for creating a social community and you’ll establish the drumbeat of product-to-cultural conversations. This position will be a mix of developing social content (yes you’ll be the face of the brand on social platforms) finding products recognizing and analyzing audience behaviors and building a user base that interacts with Firstfinds’ socials and website.
The Role : This temporary-to-permanent position will report to the Senior Editor and is based in New York City. We will not be able to consider remote candidates for this role. Please note: For consideration you must include a resume as a PDF and a link to your active social handles.
What You’ll Do
- Strategize with Firstfinds leaders to create and implement an obsessively engaging social vision for Firstfinds
- Produce clever and engaging social posts videos and visuals
- Identify conversations and trends that illicit a social product response
- Ideate and generate social franchises
- Develop and maintain a “product” calendar strategy decks and social best practices
- Inspire the community to to like comment on and share content
- Arrange thoughtful and strategic content distribution tailored to audiences and platforms
- Support and partner with marketing design video edit and data teams
- Collaborate with design and marketing on social media campaigns targeted at distinct audiences from conception to posting and reporting
- Build measurement into content strategies to benchmark success and gain insights
- Identify shoppable products as cultural events are happening
- At least 3 years direct experience working in social media
- An active presence as a creator on TikTok Instagram Twitter or Facebook
- An encyclopedic knowledge of what’s trending on tiktok including sounds inside jokes people and memes
- Experience with DashHudson Social Flow and other social scheduling and analytics tools
- Strong understanding of fashion beauty and lifestyle industries
- A flexible mindset
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management capabilities
- Availability to to work major shopping holidays and occasionally nights or weekends during major events
- An inbox filled with shopping alerts
- An interest in working both independently and collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for pop culture social media and shopping
- A clever witty and entertaining disposition
The base hourly rate for this role is between $35-38.36/hr.
Degree Level : Bachelor’s Degree