Job Responsibilities : Staff Assistant II, Airport Hub/Gateway
Salary : n
Company : American Airlines
Location : Los Angeles, CA US
Educational requirements : High School
Location: Los Angeles Apt Terminal 4 (LAX-TRM4)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 64323
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family and you’ll travel the world grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Airport Hubs & Gateway Team within the Customer Experience Division
- Responsible for handling one or more of the following as their primary role
- Attendance and compliance
- Distribution of equipment and supplies
- Coordinating payroll
- Coordinating and maintaining operation coverage and lost time
- Managing new hire and transfer boarding
Salary range: $16.47 to $23.99 per hour
What you’ll do
- Performs a wide variety of office duties including coordinating meeting arrangements typing filing ensuring telephone coverage greeting and directing customers handling mail ordering and distributing office supplies reconciling P-card spending tracking anniversaries/birthdays and arranging travel and hotel accommodations
- Provides assistance with preparation of management presentations and special projects as required
- Troubleshoots and escalates office technology issues including telephone and copier machines
- Tracks and ensures employees complete onboarding duties including appropriate system access assignment of lockers mailboxes uniforms badges fingerprinting training etc.
- Assists in station event planning coordination and execution (i.e. Do Crew luncheons holiday meals recognition events)
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Previous office/clerical experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of MS Office Products including Word Excel PowerPoint etc.
- Knowledge of policies procedures and corporate structure
- Ability to prioritize work be detail-oriented and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to grasp concepts and functionality of specific software and programs
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all levels within the Organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- Approachable and professional demeanor
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work varied hours and holidays (as business needs may vary)
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges (if applicable)
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one you’ll have access to your health dental prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start we also offer virtual doctor visits flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and depending on the workgroup employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program pet insurance and discounts on hotels cars cruises and more.
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve; inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers suppliers communities and shareholders helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 64323