Job Responsibilities : Patient Receivable Representative
Salary : n
Company : Stamford Hospital
Location : Stamford, CT US
Click Here : Apply Now
Stamford Hospital currently has a full time position in our Patient Business Services Department. The Patient Receivable Rep will processes and follow up on all patient accounts for TSH until paid in full. Handle inquiries from patients third parties and agencies regarding any aspect of services received or status of account. Review and complete follow through on remittances for allowances and rejections. Update receivable system with any new corrected or pertinent information in relation to resolution of receivable accounts
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accurate billing and/or follow-up of patient accounts according to established departmental guidelines based on regulation requirements for specific insurance carriers.
2. Monitors and reconcile daily reports for appropriate account resolution inclusive to credit debit and adjustments.
3. Documentation of all action taken on an account.
4. Completes all projects as assigned.
5. Analyze all accounts and contacts appropriate party of unpaid accounts and updates all accounts appropriately.
6. Facilitates patients’ and departments to the health system by providing excellent customer service skills and serving as an advocate for the patient in explaining third party payer coverage’s referral and pre-certification requirements.
7. Providing timely and accurate information regarding patient data/status to other health system departments physicians physician office staffs and other publics while insuring patient confidentiality is not breached.
- Computer literacy in PC environment is required with strong organizational interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in Billing and/or Follow-up experience in a Hospital or Physician office setting preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location