Job Responsibilities : Training/Education Administrator I
Salary : $61000 Per Year
Company : State of Delaware
Location : Newark, DE 19702 US
Make a Difference with DHSS
Our mission at the Department of Health and Social Services (DHSS) is to improve the quality of life of Delaware citizens by promoting health and well-being fostering self-sufficiency and protecting vulnerable populations. We prioritize personal and family independence by assisting individuals and families in a variety of life areas.
We offer numerous career opportunities and are dedicated to attracting and retaining highly talented individuals who are ready to make a difference in their community today. DHSS is a great place to kick-start your profession.
For more information please visit https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/ today!
- Develop and implement training development informational and/or educational programs courses curricula training resources lesson plans materials and visual aids.
- Evaluate effectiveness of programs courses curricula training resources lesson plans materials and visual aids and modify to meet identified problems/needs state/federal requirements and agency goals/objectives.
- Present training development informational and/or educational programs via classroom workshop or seminar using formal classroom instruction exercises handouts materials visual aids etc. for group or one-on-one instruction.
- Research evaluate and select materials handouts visual aids exercises etc. that will best promote learning.
- Identify and analyze needs through interviews surveys and meetings with supervisors management administrators officials clients the public etc.
- Provide recommendations regarding problems/needs effectiveness of training resources and implementation of new or modified programs courses curricula training resources lesson plans materials and visual aids.
- Collect analyze and evaluate data from a variety of sources and effectively present/communicate information.
- Coordinate training/educational activities with agency personnel contractors community/professional organizations and other providers.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with state and federal laws rules regulations requirements and/or contract agreements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Training/Education Administrator I
Applicants must have education training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Six months experience in training administration which includes planning and establishing training priorities implementing strategic initiatives developing and implementing training programs and overseeing the development of training courses and materials.
- Three years experience in preparing and developing training or education courses which includes designing learning objectives curricula and materials.
- Three years experience in developing and analyzing training needs assessments at the individual job or organizational level.
- Knowledge of managing budgets grants or contracts.
- Knowledge of developing policies or procedures.
Additional Posting Information
Conditions of Hire
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The State of Delaware participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. For more information refer to our Job Seeker Resources.
DHSS does not provide employment-based sponsorship.
To learn more about the comprehensive benefit package please visit our website at https://dhr.delaware.gov/benefits/
The application and supplemental questionnaire are evaluated based upon a rating of your education training and experience as they relate to the job requirements of the position. It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application and the supplemental questionnaire to include dates of employment job title and job duties. For education and training list name of educational provider training course titles and summary of course content. Narrative information supplied in response to the questions must be supported by the information supplied on the application including your employment education and training history as it relates to the job requirements.
Once you have submitted your application on-line all future correspondence related to your application will be sent via email. Please keep your contact information current. You may also view all correspondence sent to you by the State of Delaware in the “My Applications” tab at StateJobs.Delaware.gov.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an auxiliary aid or service please call (302) 739-5458. TDD users should call the Delaware Relay Service Number 1-800-232-5460 for assistance.
The State of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek out a workforce representative of Delaware including race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression.