Job Responsibilities : Student Services Associate (EST, CST Timezones)
Salary : n
Company : Pearson
Location : Remote US
At Pearson our purpose is simple; to add life to a lifetime of learning. We envision a future where everyone can realize the life they imagine through learning. To achieve this we create vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact.
For over 20 years Pearson Virtual Schools has been reimagining K-12 education with full-time virtual schools for students who want a personalized more flexible approach to learning. Our flagship products and services include Connections Academy US-based online public charter schools; Pearson Online Academy a global online private school; and Pearson Connexus our comprehensive online school program for school districts nationwide.
The following description is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all-inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
Working remotely from a home office the Student Services team serves as the primary support for continuing families attending a Connections Academy or Pearson Online Academy program. The Student Services Associate works as part of a regionalized support pod reporting through a Supervisor and to the Manager of Student Services & Retention working as part of the Enrollment and Customer Engagement team. The Student Services team is made up of two primary functions to support the needs of the continuing student experience: customer-facing and back-office operations.
A successful Student Services Associate is one who can be modular and flex between both primary functions providing effective customer service with the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment. Through their efforts the Student Services Associate is accountable for ensuring that continuing students are successfully onboarded prepared and confident to start the program year and are responsible for ensuring that the continuing student retention target is met.
This position is intended to support families in Eastern Standard Time or Central Standard Time. The standard work hours for this position are Monday – Friday 9 am to 6 pm EST or 10 am to 7pm EST.
- Manages their daily workflow to ensure completeness and compliance to expected service levels including (but not limited to):
- Assisting families with transactional customer support needed for continuing students
- Serves as a student advocate to assist students and families through navigating their enrolled experience
- Assigning initial course placement and making adjustments when needed to continuing student’s course schedules
- Enrolling or withdrawing the student from Supplemental Instructional Support programs and clubs
- Processing received academic documentation
- Reviewing student accounts holistically to be able to speak to outstanding tasks or recommended actions to ensure the continuing student’s success
- Be a subject matter expert for a group of regional enrollment schools knowing intimately operational differences between the schools which drive operational processes.
- Organize and complete assigned workflow to ensure effective time management accurate data integrity efficient communication and student retention.
- Maintain student accounts and records documenting and logging information into the EMS accurately.
- Interpret and analyze student data in order to proactively contact students and to achieve monthly productivity and retention goals.
- Initiate outbound calls to assist with ensuring students have a successful continuation and academic experience.
- Assist with inbound phone calls as needed answering questions while documenting details into the student log.
- Serves as a student advocate to assist students and families through navigating their enrolled experience.
- Protects the privacy of student account information through compliance with federal student privacy law (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)).
- Problem-solving attitude with an ability to achieve goal driven outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Displays self-confidence patience empathy and availability while connecting with students and families; understands and adapts quickly to multi-generational needs and characteristics.
- Creative out-of-the box thinker who takes the initiative to find solutions for our online population.
- Ability to handle troubleshoot escalated issues with a goal of deescalating the issue.
- Flexible adaptive to change and teachable; actively locates appropriate resources to assist with unfamiliar situations and is comfortable asking questions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word Outlook Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated understanding of FERPA guidelines and internal policies regarding student and employee privacy.
- Previous experience in Advising Student Service Customer Service or related field required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with students and families.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a virtual environment a plus.
- Prior experience working in multiple EMS/SIS/Enrollment platforms a plus.
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set level of experience and specific location. As required by the Colorado and New York City laws the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time salary range is $21.63.
This position is not bonus eligible and information on benefits offered is here.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality digital content and learning experiences as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced opportunities are accessible consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent we believe that diversity equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn grow and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race ethnicity color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity gender expression age national origin protected veteran status disability status or any other group protected by law.
Job: CUSTOMER SERVICE
Organization: Virtual Learning
Req ID: 9361