Job Responsibilities : OPERATIONS REVIEW SPECIALIST
Salary : n
Company : The State of Florida
Location : Tallahassee, FL 32399 US
Click Here : Apply Now
Requisition No: 789987
Agency: Economic Opportunity
Working Title: 789987-OPERATIONS REVIEW SPECIALIST – 40031162
Position Number: 40031162
Salary: $43151.19 – $55506.96
Posting Closing Date: 12/19/2022
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME / CS
POSITION LOCATION: Tallahassee FL (relocation benefits are not available for this position)
Operations Review Specialist
SPECIAL NOTES: Incomplete Candidate Profiles will not be accepted. Please make sure that all parts of the profile are complete and accurate. ‘See Resume’ is not an acceptable response and all periods of employment and non-employment should be included with correct end of employment dates.
Our Organization and Mission:
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) works across the state to support Florida’s economy robust and talented workforce and our local communities. We are dedicated to making a stronger and more resilient Florida so our businesses communities and workforce are better prepared to withstand future economic slowdowns and natural disasters.
In collaboration with our partners we salute our nation’s veterans and are honored to have the opportunity to support them and their family members by encouraging them to apply for positions at DEO that fit their skill sets.
The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. (TTY/TDD 1-800-955-8771 or the Florida Relay Service – 711.)
Let DEO’s mission become yours. To find out more about us click on the link : http://www.floridajobs.org/
The Work You Will Do:
Operations Review Specialist. This is highly responsible administrative and consulting work involved in planning and assisting in the directing training and operating of a statewide CONNECT system for the Reemployment Assistance (RA) program. Responsibilities include assisting in coordination and efficiency of administrative programmatic and operational aspects of service delivery while providing liaison and consultant capabilities for the solution of operational and management problems. This position is in RA Quality Assurance Performance Training and Support Services Unit.
The Difference You Will Make:
You will assist in helping the agency ensure program integrity and assisting qualified Floridians who are out of work through no fault of their own. Your knowledge and skills will be utilized to help our citizens.
DEO is a fast-paced work environment in which critical thinking and prioritizing are a must.
How You Will Grow:
DEO encourages its employees to constantly innovate and seek efficiencies. Trainings are made available throughout the year and on request with our Office of HR Training and with our Division of Workforce Training Unit. In accordance with DEO’s Vision and Mission the employee:
- Furthers Florida’s economic vision by providing support that enhances the economy and develops safe and healthy communities.
- Meets customer/client expectations with an emphasis on responsiveness quality quantity and timeliness of work.
- Provides information clearly accurately and succinctly; and also exhibits good listening skills.
- Works collaboratively to optimize the effectiveness of DEO’s available resources and tools.
- Uses knowledge acquired through education training or experience to complete tasks.
These expectations are for all our employees and you will be expected to model these as a leader. We believe in supporting and encouraging you as you take on important and often complex projects while offering you the opportunity to gain valuable experience.
Where You Will Work:
Tallahassee is Florida’s Capital City and continues to grow attracting development and new business. Tallahassee is a mid-sized city in the heart of Florida’s Big Bend. DEO is in Downtown Tallahassee the political epicenter that draws in visitors each year to visit the Capitol. Each spring the legislative session opens and people pour in to see the State perform its business. So regardless of what brought you here being here will guarantee you an experience vibrant with entertainment culture and delight. Tallahassee is:
- Known for its beautiful parks rolling hills and oak trees canopied roads hotels dining museums arts music and natural resources (https://talgov.com/ )
- Home to major college campuses Florida State University(FSU) Florida A & M University (FAMU) and Tallahassee Community College (TCC).
- Approximately 22 miles from the nearest beach ( https://choosetallahassee.com/beaches-near-tallahassee/ )
- Within a state having no state income tax for residents of Florida
WORKING FOR THE STATE OF FLORIDA IS MORE THAN A PAYCHECK!!
* State Group Insurance coverage options+ * Retirement plan options including employer
(health life dental vision and other supplemental options) contributions (FYI please click www.myfrs.com)
* Nine paid holidays and a Personal Holiday each year * Annual and Sick Leave Benefits
* Student Loan Forgiveness Program (Eligibility required) * Flexible Spending Accounts
* Tuition Fee Waivers (Accepted by major Florida colleges/universities) * Ongoing comprehensive training provided
* Career Growth * Highly skilled professional environment
+For a more complete list of benefits visit www.mybenefits.myflorida.com.
- We care about the success of our employees.
- We care about the success of our clients.
- We are always improving our technology our tools our customer’s experiences and ourselves.
- A rewarding experience for reliable compassionate and professional employees.
Pay: $43151.19 – $55506.96
Your Specific Responsibilities:
Identifying and assisting with coordinating of statewide CONNECT training; development of guides and materials necessary to perform job duties; analyzing and making recommendations to resolve statewide RA CONNECT program issues; performs duties as lead Wage Determination Subject Matter Expert (SME); triaging and resolving statewide IT CONNECT issues tickets; completing testing procedures for the CONNECT system; attending development sessions in relation to CONNECT changes to the system; and providing direction and guidance to RA management.
Conduct research; provide leadership direction and guidance in the planning analysis design development and implementation of large-scale system enhancements in multiple environments with IT developers and business unit. Provide oversight of associates to ensure consistency of enterprise processes across program areas. Work directly with business systems analysts training leads designers and developers to ensure business requirements are fully integrated into the CONNECT system and are traceable to the Requirements Design Document and end user training. Work with testing analysts to ensure test scripts validate requirements. Work with communication team to develop and distribute communication pieces in various mediums.
Provide direction guidance and counsel to management on the development of initiatives related to the provision of Reemployment Assistance program services.
Provide liaison between the unit and development teams administrators other Department areas and contract vendors. Review work of associates by providing guidance and expertise in reviewing and evaluating work of associates on the RA CONNECT system; provide analysis and evaluation of design data of design team; evaluation of training plan and materials from training leads. Lead test sessions with Department personnel to validate the systems meets requirements both functionally and training perspectives. In an accurate timely and professional manner cooperates and performs other department work related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of reemployment assistance law rules policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection and analysis.
- Ability to collect evaluate and analyze data to develop alternative recommendation solve problems document workflow and other activities relating to the improvement of operational and management practices.
- Ability to organize data into logical format for presentation in reports documents and other written materials.
- Ability to conduct fact finding research.
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules policies and procedures relating to operational management analysis activities.
- Ability to plan organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to travel
As a condition of pre-employment eligibility a Level 2 security background screening is required which consists of fingerprinting and a check of local state and national law enforcement records.
- Some travel may be required.
- Duties and responsibilities of this position must be performed at the official work site of the Department.
- Preference will be given to applicants with at least three years of professional experience in a reemployment assistance or workforce program.
ALM (Application Lifecycle Management) or TFS (Team Foundation Server) experience
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455 F.S. Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295 Florida Statutes candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7 Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.