Job Responsibilities : Technology Teacher
Salary : n
Company : School District of Manatee County
Location : Manatee County, FL US
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF MANATEE COUNTY
Local Title: TEACHER TECHNOLOGY
State Title: Teacher Other Career and Technical Education
To provide an educational atmosphere in which all students will move toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual emotional physical and psychological growth and maturation in accordance with District philosophy goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution.
- Certified by the state of Florida in appropriate area(s) and possession of necessary endorsements.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of child growth and development and especially of characteristics of children in the age group assigned. Knowledge of prescribed curriculum. Knowledge of current educational research. Basic understanding and knowledge of use of current technology. Knowledge of learning styles and skill in using standards-based varied teaching methods to address student learning styles. Skill in oral and written communication with students parents and others. Ability to plan classroom instruction and implement activities for maximum effectiveness. Ability to effectively assess levels of student achievement analyze test results and prescribe actions for improvement. Ability to maintain appropriate student supervision so that students have a safe and orderly environment in which to learn. Ability to work effectively with peers administrators and others.
Principal or designee
- Establish short- and long-range goals based on student needs and District and state curriculum requirements.
- Plan and prepare standards-based lessons and strategies which support the School Improvement Plan and District mission.
- Plan and prepare lessons which are meaningful and engaging.
- Plan and prepare instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify select and modify instructional materials to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds learning styles and special needs.
- Assist in assessing changing curricular needs and plans for improvement.
- Maintain a positive organized and safe learning environment.
- Manage time materials and equipment effectively.
- Instruct and supervise the work of volunteers and aides when assigned.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Use effective student behavior management techniques.
- Assist in enforcement of school rules administrative regulations and School Board policies.
- Develop effective assessment strategies to assist the continuous development of students.
- Interpret data for diagnosis instructional planning and program evaluation.
- Establish appropriate testing environment and test security.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of subject matter content.
- Apply principles of learning and effective teaching in instructional delivery.
- Use a multimedia approach utilizing a variety of materials and equipment to meet the needs of students.
- Use appropriate strategies and techniques to enhance critical thinking skills in students.
- Apply appropriate instructional modification for students with special needs.
- Provide quality work for students that is challenging and relevant to the goals and objectives of the class.
- Recognize overt indicators of student distress or abuse and take appropriate action based on school procedures and law.
- Provide instruction on safety procedures and proper handling of materials and equipment.
- Use appropriate materials technology and resources to help meet learning needs of all students.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing with other professionals students parents and the community.
- Collaborate with other professionals and parents after recognizing student distress or abuse.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Assist others in acquiring skills and knowledge in specific areas of responsibility.
- Engage in a continuing quest for personal growth through inservice classes and study.
- Conduct a personal assessment periodically to determine professional development needs with reference to specific instructional assignment.
- Model professional and ethical conduct when dealing with students peers parents and the community.
- Perform and fulfill all professional responsibilities.
- Prepare all required reports and maintain all appropriate records.
- Support school improvement initiatives by active participation in school activities services and programs.
- Ensure that student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group subject area and/or program classification.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
- Demonstrate the appropriate level of accomplished practices.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with the District’s approved compensation plan. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by the District.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.
SALARY SCHEDULE: INSTRUCTIONAL
PAY GRADE: PAD2
SHORT TITLE: VOC028
STATE JOB CODE: 53014
Negotiated Annual Salary: $48586
Teaching Digital Design 1 8209510