Job Responsibilities : Toddler Assistant Teacher
Salary : n
Company : Fulton County YMCA
Location : Johnstown, NY 12095 US
Educational requirements : High School
Click Here : Apply Now
JOB DESCRIPTION – Toddler Assistant Teacher
Job Title: Toddler Assistant Teacher YMCA Early Learning Center
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Sr. Director of Youth Development
Our early childhood center is looking for an Assistant Teacher who can help create innovative lesson plans and enhance the learning environment for our students. Assistant Teachers are responsible in assuring compliance with OCFS regulations YMCA code of conduct and employee responsibilities presenting self as a positive role model. The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working with children understands how they learn and is dedicated to creating a nurturing learning atmosphere for every student. If you have previous experience working in an early childhood center and are interested in joining our growing team we encourage you to apply.
· Assist in implementing an age appropriate weekly/monthly curriculum to nurture and stimulate all domains of early childhood development.
· Collaborate with teachers to monitor the development of each child.
· Work with children in the classroom to promote their learning and development.
· Assist in conducting health checks daily.
· Ensure a safe healthy clean environment following all COVID 19 cleaning and disinfecting protocols and procedures.
· Understand the teacher’s routine when it comes to delivering a lesson plan and running the class in the event that the teacher is absent
· Communicate with parents and keep them informed about their child’s development and regular day-to-day schedule.
· Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm
1. High School Diploma required (Associate Degree preferred)
2. Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
3. Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
4. Submission of NYS Medical Statement of Childcare Staff Form documenting physician clearance to work in a childcare setting as well as TB Test which meets Health and Social Service requirement.
5. Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Blood borne Pathogens to be completed within 30 days of hire.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Compassionate attitude and strong understanding of child development.
Fulton County YMCA
213 Harrison Street
Johnstown NY 12095
P 518.848.3447 www.fultoncountyymca.org
At the Y our cause is to strengthen community. To fulfill this promise we require strong cause-driven leaders to effect lasting personal and social change regarding our organization’s three key areas: youth development healthy living and social responsibility.
I have reviewed and understand this job description.
Employee’s name Employee’s signature
Today’s date: _____________________________
OUR MISSION: To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit mind and body for all.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.20 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Johnstown NY 12095: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location