Job Responsibilities : UI/UX Designer – Mid Level (Remote)
Salary : $97200 per year
Company : USAA
Location : Remote US
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Mid-Level UI/UX Designer for our Plano or San Antonio TX facility. This person may also work remotely with occasional travel as requested.
The individual selected for this role will join a small but nimble USAA Enterprise design team. The ideal Mid-level designer is equal parts curious and scrappy. We’re on the hunt for someone who can help us understand and solve for Member and/or Member Service Representative (MSR) pain-points in our Member Security and Digital Touchpoint spaces.
Contributes within high-performing cross-organizational teams by applying working knowledge and experience in the practice of human-centered design. Assists in the research ideation concepting prototyping testing and delivery activities for moderately complex Member and Employee experiences in a data-informed agile environment. Demonstrates the value of design as a strategic partner by working to craft iterate and deliver solutions that align with member needs.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn’t technical it’s human. Here we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 13 million members who rely on us every day.
We’re proud of USAA’s strong history – and we’re even more passionate about our future. That’s why we have a team of supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals focused on doing more for our members. And why we’re continuing to add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us you’ll find exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and growing.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified measured monitored and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies standards and procedures for business activities.
- Supports design team in defining business problems design requirements and demonstrate a solution’s potential success for moderately complex projects.
- Assists in the facilitation of cross-functional human-centered design sessions and group discussions to drive shared understanding and provide design solutions
- Collaborates with team members to deconstruct moderately complex problems into a clear and achievable workstream with support and direction for decision making.
- Navigates all parts of their workstream from discovery to implementation through the development of research deliverables design artifacts and prototypes.
- Participates in the development and facilitation of human-centered research efforts the synthesis of research findings and the generation of insights. Works mostly self-directed to create end-to-end member experiences and documentation of work by leveraging proficiency in interaction design visual design and/or content design.
- Consistently and effectively presents work articulates dependencies and communicates a clear rationale for decisions.
- Demonstrates a working understanding of human-centered and service design principles and can leverage relevant methods to solve discrete design problems.
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 4 years of relevant on-the-job experience in a Product Design UX Design Service Design or Design Research role delivering complex design systems for web and native applications.
- Demonstrated experience designing and supporting digital products inside an Agile environment using human-centered design principles methods and problem-solving strategies.
- A portfolio that demonstrates working experience designing digital experiences for mobile and web-based applications.
- Facilitation collaboration and consensus-building skills with experience presenting to cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work fluently in standard applications including Sketch InVision (or comparable prototyping tools) Adobe CC and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated working understanding of new technologies and best practices in website navigation browsers mobile patterns information architecture and usability.
- Demonstrated experience designing user interfaces for web and mobile applications (iOS Android etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills interpersonal skills time management skills and strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated engaging and able to work effectively within a team environment always delivering results on time.
- Experience supporting and working as part of an enterprise design team.
- Experience working in the financial services industry.
- Experience working on projects handling user profiles or settings.
- Experience working in security or fraud prevention
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective method for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is: $ 72900.00 – $ 131400.00*
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical financial and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical dental and vision plans 401(k) pension life insurance parental benefits adoption assistance paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours and various wellness programs. Additionally our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is Not Available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin disability or status as a protected veteran.