Job Responsibilities : Generalist, Human Resources – Front of House
Salary : $56000 Per Year
Company : Universal Orlando Resort
Location : Orlando, FL US
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides HR counsel and support to Supervisors/Managers and hourly Team Members with heavy emphasis on maintaining positive employee relations. Supports the execution of human resources activities related to policy interpretation performance accommodations reporting communication transfers training and Employee Assistance Programs for assigned client group(s). Serves as a liaison with other HR departments including Talent Acquisition Talent Development Organizational Development Payroll and Benefits Team Member Services Compensation and Open Door to manage and resolve issues as well as assist with HR process coordination. Represents self as ‘face of HR’ to Team Members in all operational areas.
Position is On-Site and will work as early as 6:00am in support of our 3rd shift team.
- Consults with managers and supervisors regarding Team Member discipline and performance issues. Investigates workplace situations gathering evidence conducting interviews and documenting claims of harassment discrimination and policy violations including documenting same in Company sanctioned repository (Oracle). Provide recommendations and supports decision making related to terminations and other forms of discipline. Ensures that corrective Team Member coaching and counseling are handled in a fair and consistent manner.
- Provides support to Team Members by interacting and communicating Team Members in the parks visiting break rooms and Lead offices to promote positive relations and seek out potential issues. Communicates regularly with Area/General Supervisors/Managers and Directors one-on-one to promote a positive and open relationship with HR.
- Supports the process involved in reviewing Performance Reviews Team Member Counseling and Performance plans. Ensures that any written communication directed to Team Members is legal fair consistent in line with Universal Orlando’s values and follows the progressive discipline policy. Provides input and drives dialogue regarding Team Member ADA Reasonable Accommodation requests/decisions and internal transfers.
- Provides advice and consultation for front-line hourly Team Members regarding benefits payroll questions policy interpretations and TMCAP/EAP issues. Provides direction for internal transfer and career path direction including on-boarding plans Intern programs seasonal supervisor offers and related follow-up paperwork. Approves terminations and other forms personnel and payroll actions. Log all necessary data in Oracle repository.
- Manages & monitors annual HR processes and special project initiatives and follows-up as needed. This includes but is not limited to: Wardrobe Home Care program Open Door Plus Appeals & Peer Review preparation attending EIL company/hourly recognition events/ awards Team Member Service events Town Hall events TSAT meetings HR Roundtable presentations Position Management reviews work authorization expiration notifications No Pay Report follow-up Average Hours report job descriptions talent review staffing assistance for job fairs and XTRAS initiatives.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy procedures training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Industrial Relations Business Management or related field required
EXPERIENCE: 3+ years Human Resources experience in a large-scale fast paced HR environment preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of employee relations staffing and payroll required.
Your talent skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2022 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE