Job Responsibilities : Warehouse Associate
Salary : n
Company : Ryder System, Inc
Location : Atlanta, GA US
The purpose of the Warehouse Associate is to accurately transfer package kit or assemble product and materials both physically and logically to fulfill orders inventory and load/unload trailers.
- Package kit and/or assemble orders and materials.
- Ensure all scanning is completed correctly.
- Help train dock employees on new procedures.
- Ensure the facility is secure at the end of shift; investigate/resolve scanning issues and housekeeping.
- Perform picking and packing duties.
- Check for evidence of product or container damage.
- Participate in workgroup and other team activities for the purpose of self improvement and improving warehouse operations and related business functions.
- Perform housekeeping duties for the assigned area.
- Six months of related warehouse experience required (one year or more related warehouse experience preferred
- Learn to operate powered industrial truck(s) such as: stand-up and sit-down forklifts cherry pickers pallet jacks etc. including how to operate and maintain (change battery recognize common mechanical issues) intermediate required
- May be required to operate manual and/or automated other warehouse/manufacturing equipment (such as a packaging line) intermediate preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to input data into the WMS computer system (s) in use
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers work groups customers supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multitasking highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race religion color national origin sex sexual orientation gender identity age status as a protected veteran among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.