Job Responsibilities : Warehouse Person – Part-Time Opportunity – 25 hours per week
Salary : $33000 Per Year
Company : John Crane
Location : 6400 Oakton Street, Morton Grove, IL 60053 US
Educational requirements : High School
The purpose of this job is to accurately and safely inspect receive store and distribute material tools equipment and products within the company warehouse as well as picking packing and scanning orders for customer pickup and delivery in order to increase operational efficiency company profitability and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Read customer orders work orders shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Record amounts of materials or items received or distributed. Complete internal forms and documents or reports as instructed.
- Verify correctness of received material against bill of lading invoices and checks for damaged parts etc.
- Opens bales crates and other containers.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Sort and place materials or items in proper locations according to predetermined sequence such as size type style color or product code.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets shelves or directly onto company/ customer trucks or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department
- Pulls parts and places in bin for production shops and performs counts as necessary.
- Reads Pick Ticket to determine parts to be pulled for assembly.
- Checks weighs and packs products to confirm to work orders. Finish process by wrapping or creating loads for shipment.
- Inputs data into the computer system via scanner.
- Perform stock transfers and inventory counts.
- Processes vendor returns.
- Inspect incoming parts following QMS procedure and documenting all results
- Process daily mail both packages and envelopes completes pick-ups and deliveries.
- Responsible for the proper care and maintenance of company equipment assigned to the warehouse ar
- Ensure the protection of company property and all other assets.
- Ensure warehouse areas are clean accessible and safe for traffic.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required
- Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon departmental needs.
- Complete all work in a safe manner and follow all safety requirements consistent with supporting the Company’s goals.
- Lifting guidelines in accordance with the Manual Lifting Guidelines noted in the Safety Handbook.
- Follow all environmental requirements consistent with supporting the company’s environmental performance goals.
- Complete and actively participate in all other EHS training requirements
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity national origin economic status disability age or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics where we celebrate support and embrace diversity.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires 3 – 6 months experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add subtract multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers common fractions and decimal
- Requires ability to be certified to operate a lift truck.
- Must be able to sit for extend periods of time; a minimum of 2 hours.
- Must be able to maneuver to all areas of the office shop warehouse or manufacturing plant
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to bend reach kneel twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Must have the manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives changing priorities and reassign priorities to complete assignments.
- Must be able to read write speak and understand English.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
Work environment is typically considered within a Smiths location during normal or extended business hours to include offices manufacturing plants and repair facilities. Work environment may also include customer sites including oil well sites and meeting venues.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and approved PPE is required when on the factory floor
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers’ evolving needs and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100 global business of around 14600 colleagues based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet enabling industry improving healthcare enhancing security advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind who are happy with responsibility enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation and five global divisions all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems couplings filtration systems and digital diagnostics technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Global reported revenue for fiscal year 2021 was in excess of $1 billion USD. John Crane is part of Smiths Group a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection energy medical devices communications and engineered components.